Indigenous Research Projects Manager
Position: 1.0 Full-time, (.8 FTE possible if desired with reduced duties), anticipated length 3 years
Term: Annual contract, renewable upon performance review
Location: University of Victoria campus, Victoria, BC. Residency in Greater Victoria required. Partial remote work-from-home arrangement possible.
Recruitment range: Up to $77,000 (based on level of education and experience includes 10% benefits). Opportunity for annual performance increases.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The NEȾOLṈEW̱ ‘one mind, one people’ Partnership, and the Indigenous Education President’s Chair are seeking a Projects Manager to coordinate research activities and lead the administrative and budgetary aspects of the projects. Reporting to the Project Director (PD) and President’s Chair, Dr. Onowa McIvor, you would join a warm and welcoming environment within the Department of Indigenous Education.
ABOUT THE PROJECTS
NEȾOLṈEW̱, the name of our partnership, translates as “one mind, one people” or “doing things as one” in the SENĆOŦEN language. NEȾOLṈEW̱ is a network of partners working at the core of Indigenous language revitalization. Together, we are working to build capacity among Indigenous people to maintain, revitalize, and strengthen efforts towards the revitalization of the Indigenous languages in Canada. The President’s Chair award supports additional activities, both research and knowledge mobilization, aiming toward raising the profile of Indigenous language revitalization more broadly.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and coordinate a diverse and complex set of research projects
- Facilitate and track various project timelines and deliverables
- Develop and maintain multiple research partner, organization and contractor relationships
- Maintain budgets and contribute to overall financial planning of multi-year projects
- Manage and recruit various levels of research team members
- Coordinate various knowledge mobilization activities
- Master’s degree, preferably in a related field, and;
- Experience managing large and complex projects, preferably in research environment(s);
- Lived Indigenous experience and/or substantial cultural competencies.
Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference will be given to Indigenous Peoples. To qualify for preferential consideration, candidates must self-identify in their cover letter.
Please find the full job description here: Indigenous Research Projects Manager – Job Description
Submit 1pg cover letter and CV to: Marleen Willems firstname.lastname@example.org
Language Research Assistant | Indigenous Education | University of Victoria
Applications will begin review on Oct 12, 2021. Posting will remain active until filled.